Friday, November 07, 2008

Noise, Noise Everywhere!!

I miss the quiet of my neighborhood. Car horns, train horns, music, fire crackers. Noise, noise everywhere!! Cows eating garbage in the street, wild dogs, motorcycles everywhere, crowded roundabout that I would never never dream about driving through.

I have met many warm Indian Friends. I am greatly enjoying spending time with Archana and meeting her father!! I tried a new fruit which tasted like a water chestnut. I am looking forward to spending more time in India with Indians outside of this conference.

Our time is scheduled from 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM. At times it is overwhelming and I just have to get away. This afternoon I walked around the courtyard in the sun. It is so nice to be in the warmth. No coats, sweaters, gloves, hats or long underwear. During the occasional times I get cold I can walk outside and stand in the sun for a few moments. Oh what heaven. I like this kind of winter!!!!!! This evening instead of playing games and singing once again I escaped to new market this time with two Indian women and two Aotearoa/New Zealanders. It was there turn to look through and try on the great variety of Shalwar Kameez suits. I picked up the two suits which I had made. After purchasing their Shalwar Kameez suits we walked around the market looking for large mugs for the Austrailan Friends who wanted tea in a proper cup. (Chai here is served in the size cups used for espresso.)

Right now I am sitting in the computer room with two other night owls, Julian Stargardt from Hong Kong and Kenya Cassanova from Cuba. Julian is keeping us entertained as he checks his email and reads about Georgia. Kenya is making a slide show about the Cuban hurricane. She showed us her house where the neighbors coconut tree fell through the roof. Julian is kicking us out so that he can lock up and open tomorrow at 7:00 AM when I will just be waking up.

No comments: