Sunday, November 09, 2008

The Gods are Awake!!

The Gods woke up!! Once again we have been experiencing fireworks and fire crackers today. I asked what was happening and was told that it is 11 days after Diwali, a major Hindu holiday - Festival of Lights and the Hindu Gods are awake after sleeping for 5 months. It seems like there have been celebrations almost every day since I arrived. Well at least fire crackers have been going off everyday since I arrived.

Yesterday I went with a Friend to an opthomologist who is the son of one of the Bhopal Friends helping run the conference. He was very nice and took us to his home for tea afterwards. He showed us his nice apartment and we met his mother, wife, daughter and son. We enjoyed ourselves. I have enjoyed every opportunity I have had to get outside of the conference center. It is a large compound with a hospital several schools and a community center.

I am tired and would like to write more, but can't think of what to say. I hope I will get a chance to write more later.

No comments: